Terms of Reference
The Copyright Advisory Group will monitor and address legislative, implementation, and interpretive issues around copyright that affect McMaster University
Specific objectives include:
- Review copyright procedures and practices at McMaster University and assess options for managing copyright.
- Monitor and assess issues associated with the university’s Fair Dealing Policy
- Provide advice, information and recommendations on copyright policies and guidelines.
- Act as a communication network for copyright initiatives, including the maintenance of the campus copyright website.
- To provide a forum for discussion of operational matters relating to copyright which affect McMaster University.
- Consider other copyright issues as they arise.
The Copyright Advisory Group will be comprised of experts, who will serve in their individual capacity to provide guidance and expert advice around copyright issues that affect McMaster University, its faculty, staff and students.
Members of the Copyright Advisory Group will include:
- Avenue 2 Learn (MacPherson) (1)
- Copyright Officer/ Legal Advisor (1)
- Custom Courseware, The Campus Store (2)
- Library (1)
- Media Production Services/Printsmart (1)
- Faculty Observer (1 )
- Executive Director, Provost’s Office (consultant)